More of Randall's Favorite Learning Resources
[ Quiz Script | Explanation of Answers ]
|difficult||description, personality types||conversation||two men||01:27|
In a small group, describe the "ideal" partner for you. Think in terms of personality, educational and family background, socioeconomic level, job, and personal values and beliefs.
|I. Pre-Listening Exercises [Top]|
|II. Listening Exercises [Top]|
First, listen to the conversation by pressing the "Play Audio" button and answer the questions. Press the "Final Score" button to check your quiz.
[ Other Audio Options: Play RealMedia | Play Window Media ]
2. Listen to the conversation again as you read the Quiz Script.
4. Read the Explanation of Answers.
|III. Post-Listening Exercises [Top]|
- What is your image of the ideal partner? Record your own opinion focusing on such factors as appearance, personality, character, and interests. Share your recording with another student and have them respond to your opinion.
- With a partner, take the roles of the two men in this conversation and practice the dialogue.
- How other cultures view the concept of the "ideal" partner differently from your own?
Randall's Sites: Daily ESL | ESL Blog | EZSlang | Train Your Accent | Tips For Students | Hiking In Utah